Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ataraxia

My right leg is asleep.

My spine aches disproportionately to the right.

My left knee feels fine.

I can hear cracking and creaking. I like the sound.

I start my meditation over today because it feels weird not to meditate. I was never a formal meditation student until I was given a healing meditation by a friend. 109 days later I'd fulfilled a set of daily meditation. Each "med" takes about 10 or 15 minutes, 20 if I'm feeling good. Not a lot of effort for a sustained sanity that holds onto me. Fair trade.

Speaking of which, I'm going to buy a bike for my birthday, nothing brand spanking new, nothing fancy, just a solid-enough bike for this city of cities. Biking in LA is no small act, feat, miracle, what have you. And I'm no fixie-junkie, it's a commuting thing. Multi-commute through bus and bike and hike. Gotta get some good new shoes.

Friends are in town and friends are around. Time to find them. Happy un-birthday to us all-- and long live the spring babies.

No comments: